Monday 20 February 2012

In a slump

I've been feeling a little down lately. Nothing's going wrong but I just feel like I'm not making as much progress as I should be. A lot of work's coming in from the university and I have to put my self-taught animation aside till it's done. Problem is there's so much of it. I always get to a point where I ask myself if I'll actually ever get to work in a big games studio. Maybe this is all because I'm working on a long shot this time. I really want to be able to upload my simple body mechanics progress reel soon but am starting to feel like am doing something overly ambitious (You see.. my plan is to do about 8 shots on my own.. no critique, no help, no guidance. and then upload them for critique at once) I know this isn't the animator way but I feel am at one of those points where I have to ask myself if i actually understand the simple stuff like weight shifts, anticipation, overlap and staging. Everything is only made more solemn by the fact that there are no animators in Uganda. Literally! I only get critique from the 11SC. Am so happy to know there are people somewhere willing to put in the time to help me out. I hope it works for many others like me. I felt like if i wrote down everything am feeling right now, maybe I'll be able to look at it later and see how far i came from where i am today.
Peace,
The black bird
Arnold.

No comments:

Post a Comment